8.14.2005

Trials and Tribulations

I just left the greatest house-sitting job in the world for the worst. Some how, on my last 2 weeks ever ( actually for a year) in Eugene, and America, I got talked into house sitting for two different people. The first, the one I had to leave for my current locale, was not that tough of a sell. My coworker asked if I house-sat, I said no – because I already said yes to this one. Then she goes – Well, I have a pool.

So of course I was there! The past week has yield entire days of laying/swimming/drinking by this FABULOUS pool. It was really big too, complete with a diving board right in their back yard really close to town. The only catch was my foolishness of insisting they not put their ever-so-cute, not-so-little puppy in the kennel. I hate the thought of dogs in kennels and I thought I loved puppies. I thought I wanted a puppy instead of a child. Now… I don’t think I want anything. This dog was CRAZY! It wanted me to toss it a ball, but wouldn’t let go. If I were swimming he would jump in the water on top of me constantly. If I was sun bathing he would drag drool saturated toys all over me. Sadly the worst of it was that this dog just wasn’t that smart. Both of my childhood dogs were very intelligent, so I’m not used to a dog that will just start barking at a tennis ball that won’t come out of the pool by itself. The worst though was the poop. Oh god, the poop. See in Alaska, we don’t do any poop scooping. There are lots of woods and my dog would just go poop far away in the woods. Eugene neighborhoods don’t seem to have any secluded woodland, so, apparently everyone just takes a little sack and PICKS UP STINKY POOP. EWWWWW. What a disgusting concept.

Yet, besides the ADD psycho dog, being at the house was great. I can now add a large pool to my list of life time necessities. And I am damn tan.

Now I find my self at the next house, without and extra cool features, not even wireless!!! They are just an old paranoid couple that insisted I sleep at their non-pet house, even though I was just watering the plants. This house is located in the MIDDLE of NOWHERE, literally a 20 minute drive up a winding road from my house. I doubt burglars would even think this place existed, and what would they take? Their books? Their plants? And where as my last job was quite lucrative, this one is yielding a measly 10 bucks a day… and the worst of it? – their cookie jar contains raisins!!! WTF?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home