12.28.2006

Insane in the Membrane

No matter what happens from here on out, the party was rockin’ and seriously worth the wrath I have incurred from the night. The day afterwards when the remainder of sticky beer and empties had been cleaned up and I spent the day recovering on the couch, nothing would have prepared me for what would occur around the hour of 10 o’clock.

Here’s how it went down:

A rap at the door. I take a quick peak outside. It was just me in the house, and who the heck would be knocking now? Weird I thought, and so it was. A middle aged women was there. I open the door to her standing in my doorway. And I mean that in the most literal of ways. When I opened up the door she managed to place her foot on the floorboards IN MY LIVING ROOM!

So I’m shocked beyond belief. Then it gets weirder! She places a cd in my hand. An ACDC cd. And the following is the true story of Crazy Women.

“I live there.” C.W. points a long boney finger to the one door near us that managed to be excluded from our preparty informing the neighbors run. In case you are not familiar with this activity, it involves a quick knock on the doors of surrounding apartments and letting them know you will be hosting a small get together, invite them (this is key), and throw in a small – well, we’d love to have you, but if for some reason you can’t come and we get a teensy bit loud, totally let us know and we’d be happy to turn down the music.

And so I stand there absorbing this very bazaar scene. This women, shoving ACDC in my hand, her foot physically in my home when she speaks again.

“You had the party right? Now tonight I would like to come into your house and play music really loud to bother you in your living room.”

She looks up at me as though she really thought I was going to invite her in to play the cd. CRAZY!

I respond, “Look, I’m real sorry that we bothered you. But this is really inappropriate and you need to leave.”

C.W. “Well I think it was really inappropriate for you to be waking me up at 11 at night.” Still standing there.

Me, “I’m sorry we woke you up, but if that was the case you should have come over and let us know the music was bothering you. Anyone of us would have been more than happy to turn it down. But, what you are doing right now is harassment and you do need to leave. I have no problem calling the cops.”

This kinda freaked her out. I could see on her face there was a split second twitch. But nothing else. She just remained standing there. Staring at me. Like she was trying to stare me down. And I don’t know what to do. I already apologized. Does this women truly want to play ACDC in my living room? Subquestion – Why does a woman who owns an ACDC cd get upset from party music on a Friday night?

And as the seconds pass during our stare down, I realize C.W. doesn’t have an out. She can’t just leave because then I win and she started the whole confrontation, but I really think she has run out of things to say. So one more time I say, “I am sorry for waking you up, but there is nothing I can do about that now. So how about next time instead of this passive aggressive behavior, you just tell me at the time when things bother you and we will talk then. Now you must leave because you are trespassing on my property.”

“I really doubt you are sorry.” C.W. throw back at me all self-righteously. I hand her the cd and she finally removes her foot from my floor and leaves. FREAKY.

I haven’t seen anything of her lately, but who knows what’s going to happen after the New Year’s shindig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home