3.23.2008

Why I Date Assholes

It’s not that I go out seeking assholes, but my stats show a significantly high rate of return. I look for the typical combination - funny, charming, reads books. Also I’m a sucker for the pretty ones. But, the one thing that gets me above all other is if they are cool.

Cool is such an abstract term, and definitely manifests its self in many ways. But, the guy I want to be with comes into a room and sets the energy. Everyone turns and wants to hear his stories and his commentary. Maybe it’s because I like the spotlight just as much or maybe because it’s just fun to know people like that. Whatever it is, this is who I want to spend my time with.

That itself is not the problem. It just seems like these cool guys are more often than not, are cocky assholes. The same qualities that give them the ability to charm a room of people also seems to make them think they are better than everyone else.

I’d like to say I’ve gotten better at recognizing these traits, but realization doesn’t make them any less sexy. Hopefully, one of these days I’ll bag myself one of the good ones. I’m fairly certain they exist.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Jess. It's Stephen from the store. Thought of this after reading your post: Coolness. :)

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home